They say the best defense is a good offense. As an empath, other people’s negativity, angst, and low vibes affect me in a bad way. Sometimes, I get literally sick (lately, it’s been splitting headaches for seemingly no reason).
Around the holidays, this can be a particularly big problem. I want to enjoy myself around friends and family, but being around other people usually means trying to pretend I’m not dying on the inside while helping others to have a good time, too.
One technique I’ve been practicing is to radiate peace, love and joy when others are around. I literally imagine myself as the center of a golden force field that expands and engulfs anyone else in my proximity. It really works. This morning I cleared a headache with it.
The important thing to remember is that other people don’t know they’re causing my illness. They’re just living their normal lives, and bad vibes are clinging to them and probably causing their own issues, too. Without knowing it, they probably have mental, emotional, physical, or spiritual problems caused by their bad energy – and they might be blissfully unaware.
If your holiday gatherings tend to be tense and overwhelming, try this and see if it makes a difference. It takes a little practice, but soon you can do it with ease. Let me know in the comments how it works for you!
Step by step instructions:
- Become aware of your internal state
- Imagine your aura as a bubble of light around you
- Imagine your aura as a clean, positive color (white, silver, golden, or whatever feels good to you)
- Mentally expand that bubble so it fills the room you are in (you can go further if you want, to the building or the city or as far as you need)
- Imagine that light encompassing everyone in it, bathing them in peace, love and joy for their highest and best good
- Sustain as long as needed
- Repeat as necessary